Thursday, April 3, 2008

Dickinson on Drowning

I found this poignant poem which, in many ways, provides answers to my questions in a previous post on the themes of drowning in women's or lesbian's poetry.

Drowning is not so pitiful
As the attempt to rise
Three times, 'tis said, a sinking man
Comes up to face the skies,
And then declines forever
To that abhorred abode,
Where hope and he part company --
For he is grasped of God.
The Maker's cordial visage,
However good to see,
Is shunned, we must admit it,
Like an adversity.

I am completely unpacked from my working vacation to a Sapphic Tantra monastery, and my girlfriend Janet says the spirituality between us is unprecedented. We watched Desert Hearts and Liana, while our DVDs of lesbian MILFs, Zafira, Rene, Avril Lux, Paulina and Justine Joli are still undisturbed within the dining nook drawers. I agree with the bliss recently described bubblingly in psappha.blogspot.com. The lesbian bed death syndrome does not exist if you stay away from the L-word Cause.

No comments: